This class is brought to you by the Governor’s Finance Office, Budget Division. The course is designed to give a high-level overview of the Nevada State Budgeting process and an understanding of the biennial budget process for those who are new to state government or those in non-fiscal positions. The online course is approximately 2 hours long and will cover the following topics and more:
- Nevada’s approach to State budgeting
- A step-by-step of Nevada’s budget process
- Primary players and their roles in the state budgeting process
- Types of budgets along with general schedules and timelines
- Processes for Bill Draft Requests (BDRs) and fiscal notes
Time to Complete: 2 hours
How to Enroll:1. Click on the Introduction to State Budgeting hyperlink to access the class.
2. Use enrollment key kwj23b4m when prompted.
3. Follow all directions in the online class in order to receive credit. You must view all 5 video modules and take the exam to receive credit for the course.
4. For specific questions about your agency's budget, contact your agency's Budget Analyst(s).
- Teacher: LESLEY MOHLENKAMP