The Patriot Employer Program
This course is for employers who are interested in hiring and retaining veterans in their workforce and who want to be certified as a Nevada Patriot Employer.
Upon completion of this course, employers will better understand the benefits of hiring service members and veterans learn where to recruit veterans, get tips on creating a veteran friendly culture in a workforce, and gets information regarding Federal and state financial incentives available to employers who hire veterans.
Student Learning Outcomes:
1. Identify barriers to employment for transitioning active duty military, veterans and National Guard members;
2. List the benefits of hiring veterans;
3. Locate resources that can help find and recruit qualified veterans;
4. Employ techniques to create a veteran friendly culture in a workforce;
5. Use Federal and state financial incentives available to employers who hire veterans
Minimum passing score:
70% on the final quiz
15 question multiple-choice quiz
How to enroll:This course is "open enrollment." Select the course name from the course title list to enroll.